Have Your Say

Worcestershire Association of Carers supports carers to take an active role in decision making. Here are some of the ways you can get involved and have your say.

Becoming a Carer Representative

There are a number of different Carer Representative Roles available. Becoming a Carer Rep gives you the opportunity to play an active role on boards, sub groups, meetings and various forums to provide a carer voice. You will be fully trained and supported in your role and have the chance to work alongside other carers who share a commitment to shaping services and a passion for providing carer feedback on behalf of other carers.

We are recruiting for the following:

  • Learning Disability Carer Representative

The Learning Disability Partnership Board aims to implement the Learning Disability Strategy. For more information, click here

  • Safeguarding Carer Reference Group Representative

The Safeguarding Carers Reference Group’s main aim is to have a direct link into the Worcestershire Safeguarding Adult Board and ensure the carer voice is heard

  • Carers Partnership

The Carers Partnership aims to implement the Carers Strategy. For more information click here

  • Transitions Carers Representative

We currently have Carers Representatives on the Transitions Steering Group and Preparing for Adulthood

If you are interested in any of these roles, or becoming a carer representative in a different forum, please send an expression of interest to Jenny Hewitt [email protected]

Current Consultations

There are various ways to get involved with having your say.

If you would like to get involved with consultative groups or becoming a carer rep please get in touch with Jenny Hewitt at [email protected]

We are currently developing our online forum for consultations and understanding the views of more carers. If this is something you are interested in being involved with please do get in touch with us.