Carers Count is a project run by Worcestershire Association of Carers to support family carers of people with learning disabilities to get involved and get their voices heard in consultation groups, and in the development and shaping of services for people with learning disabilities in Worcestershire.
We need family carers of people with learning disabilities to:
• Come to our quarterly Leaning Disability Carers’ Consultation group meetings
• Support existing family carer representatives to engage with existing and new carer networks
• Become representatives on the Learning Disability Partnership Board and sub groups
• Join meetings for specific carer groups
• Be part of telephone surveys on specific topics
• Participate and join in existing networks to get more information e.g. newsletters, eBulletins, carers groups, special interest groups, training and carer events, press releases, posters, leaflets etc
• Respond to questionnaires on general and specific topics
Family carers or professionals should get in touch with Judy Adams on 01905 751340.